Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hideaway

"Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.
- Carlos Ruiz Zafon


Some days I just want to hide away in the library and read.  I have an obsession with beautiful home libraries and I love how innovative some of these are.  Why not have a library in your kitchen or bedroom?
My favorite book of all time is The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (ignore his dragon button-up because he is a damn good author).  I feel like I've been such a picky reader lately.  I've been in a magical realism and historical fiction rut.  But is this really a bad thing?  To stick to my predictable ways, I'm about to FINALLY start The House of Spirits. 
What's your favorite book of all time and what are you reading now?



























No comments:

Post a Comment